Companies amend their Articles of Association for a number of reasons, including to:
- Create a new class of shares (including Preference Shares).
- Vary rights attached to share classes.
- Entrench certain articles (including entrenchment of directors).
- Regulate the transfer of shares.
- Amend the division of power between directors and shareholders.
- Benefit from provisions introduced by the Companies Act 2006.
A company's Articles may also need to be amended as part of a larger transaction. For example: as part of a group reorganisation for tax purposes, a management buy-out (MBO) or a private equity transaction.
If you wish to amend the Articles of a company for one of the reasons set out above, or for any other reason then we can assist you by:
Providing advice on your best course of action.
Considering your existing Articles and any other document that may impact on these rights such as a Shareholders Agreement.
Drafting appropriate amendments to the Articles.
Drafting shareholders resolutions to approve and adopt the amended articles.
Preparing the necessary filings at Companies House.
We also draft Articles of Association for specialist companies, for example:
- Community Interest Companies.
- Guarantee Companies.
- Property Management Companies.
We will provide you with a fixed quotation for preparing all of the necessary documentation.
Register your interest
Click the 'MAKE ENQUIRY' button to learn more about our Articles of Association Drafting Service or to register your interest.