Data Controller: Legal Clarity Limited
Personal Information is information which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
We have notified the Information Commissioner's Office under the Data Protection Act 1998 that we process personal information. Our registration number is PZ1346103. Further details about us are set-out here.
This policy sets out how we use and protect your personal information. Any personal information we collect will be processed in accordance with our legal obligations, including those contained in the Data Protection Act 1998.
This policy applies to Legal Clarity and its subsidiaries. It also applies to all websites owned by Legal Clarity and its subsidiaries, including www.legalclarity.co.uk and www.legalclarity.com ('our websites').
Your Privacy Choices
- You do not have to provide us with any of your personal information, although we may not be able to offer you some of our services without it.
- We will give you details of any personal information we hold about you on request and on payment of a £10 administrative fee.
- You can ask us to correct any errors and notify us of any changes to your personal information.
- You can ask us to delete any personal information we hold about you if it is not required to be retained by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
- You may tell us not to use your personal information at all, or for a particular purpose (for example marketing).
- You can tell us to stop contacting you via a specific medium (eg e-mail).
- You may tell us not to share your personal information with anyone else.
To make the above choices please contact James Quinn by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by any method listed on our contact us page. Please label all correspondence 'Data Protection'. We may have to verify your identity before actioning your privacy choices.
- We are committed to the security of your personal information.
- Any personal information we collect will be stored on and processed by our secure servers located in Milton Keynes. We have appropriate measures in place to protect the physical security of our servers and to prevent unauthorised access to, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
- We do all that we reasonably can to protect your personal information but cannot absolutely guarantee its security. Please note that the internet is not an entirely secure method by which to send information and that storing information on equipment connected to the internet is not completely secure.
- We restrict access to your personal information to those of our employees, contractors and agents that need to know that information in order to provide, improve or develop our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations.
Personal Information we Collect
- We do not collect personal information about you if you only browse our websites.
- We collect information that you choose to provide when using our websites. For example the information you provide when forming a company through us, including names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- In providing some of our services we may need to collect your credit card or other payment information. We never retain your payment information after your order has been processed, except where we have your consent to do so to facilitate recurring or future transactions. In which case your payment information will be held in encrypted form on our secure servers.
- All payments through our websites are processed securely by HSBC. We will need to pass your payment details to HSBC so that they can process your payment. Please refer to www.hsbc.co.uk for further details.
- We record any preferences you specify in relation to our site.
- We may retain a copy of communications that you send to us, such as e-mails, letters and voicemails.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete and current; but we also depend on you to update and correct your personal information whenever and wherever necessary.
- We use your personal information to provide you with our services and products.
- We use your personal information to help us to improve our products and services and to develop new ones.
- We use your personal details to perform market research (including asking you for feedback) and for our internal credit-control purposes.
- We may use your personal information to offer you additional products, services, promotions or information provided by us or carefully selected third parties which we believe may be of interest to you.
- We may combine the personal information we collect with information from public records, such as information held by Companies House in order to provide you with a better service (although we have no obligation to do so).
- We place the personal information we collect in a database to make it easy to access and manage.
We may contact you by e-mail, telephone or by post, unless you have expressed a wish not to be contacted via a particular medium with a preference service - such as the Telephone Preference Service. Please also refer to the Your Privacy Choices section of this policy (above).
- We may share your personal information with third parties where such sharing is an integral and necessary part of a service we provide. For example, we need to submit personal information to Companies House in order to procure the incorporation of a company.
- We may share your personal information with any subsidiary companies of Legal Clarity Limited.
- We may share your personal information with third parties that do not work for us, including marketing companies where we have your consent to do so. If we do not have your consent then we will not share your personal information.
- We may share information with third parties that work for us. Including third parties who make deliveries for us and third parties who provide analysis, marketing or consultancy services. When we temporarily provide personal information to companies that work for us, we require them to protect your personal information in the same manner as we do. These service companies cannot use your personal information for any other purpose than the reason you provided it to us.
- In order to provide services to you we may be required to pass your personal information to parties located outside of the European Economic Area in countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK. Where this is the case we will take appropriate steps to ensure the same level of protection for your personal information as is present within the European Economic Area.
- In the event that the business of, or shares in, Legal Clarity are sold (in whole or in part) or otherwise divested your details may be disclosed to the potential buyers or investors and their advisers.
- We will also share your personal information with third parties where required by law or in order to enforce our legal rights.
Except in the situations listed above or as required or allowed by law, we will not share your personal information (other than any personal information which is already publicly available) with any third party without your prior consent.
Cookies Beacons and IP Addresses
- We use common internet technologies, such as cookies (a small file stored on your computer when you access pages on our websites) and beacons on our websites and e-mails. We may also collect your URL, IP address, browser type, language and information regarding the use of our websites. We do not link this information to any information which could identify you, such as your name or address unless you ask us to remember your preferences or login details.
- You can adjust your internet browser settings to disable cookies or to inform you when a cookie is being sent. If you want to find out more about how to disable cookies please refer to: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/ or contact us , we would be happy to assist you.
Third Party Sites
Where we enable you to communicate with other visitors to our websites or with other customers, or to post information on our websites then please be aware that any personal information you provide may be seen by others who may collect your information.
Changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time by updating this webpage. Please check this page regularly because we may have amended it since you last dealt with us.
- References to 'we', 'us' and 'our' are references to Legal Clarity Limited (further details of our company are provided on our Contact Us page). Legal Clarity Limited is the Data Controller.
- References to 'you', 'your' and 'yours' are references to the person(s) accessing our websites or our services.
- 'Personal Information' is information which relates to a living individual who: (a) can be identified from that information; or (b) can be identified from that information when it is combined with other data held (or are likely to be held in the future).