Our Share for Share Exchange service is suitable for private limited companies incorporated in the United Kingdom who are looking to restructure their group of companies by way of a share for share exchange.
There are a number of reasons why a share for share exchange occurs. A common reason is the insertion of a new holding company. This involves the shareholders exchanging their shares in the existing company for equivalent shares in a newly incorporated company, which becomes the new holding company.
Tax relief is available for shareholders exchanging their shares as part of a sale or restructuring if certain conditions are met. We typically work with your accountants or tax advisors to assist you in this regard.
- What does our package include?
- A review of the company’s Articles of Association and any other document that may affect the share exchange such as a Shareholders’ Agreement.
- Directors’ and shareholder resolutions to approve the share exchange.
- A share exchange agreement drafted in accordance with your instructions.
- Liaising with the Company’s auditors/accountants as required.
- Filings at Companies House.
- Updating company registers, cancelling and issuing share certificates as required.
- Application for relief from Stamp Duty under s.77 Finance Act 1986 (additional charge if required).
SHARE FOR SHARE EXCHANGE
Total Price: From £975 (£1200 with stamp duty) + VAT