Our Shareholders Agreement package is suitable for shareholders of companies registered in the UK. We strongly recommend that all companies with more than one shareholder enter into a Shareholders Agreement, even if the shareholders are close friends or members of the same family.
WHAT IS A SHAREHOLDERS AGREEMENT?
A shareholders agreement is exactly that; an agreement between the shareholders of a company. Its primary purpose is to protect the shareholders’ investment in the company and to establish a fair relationship between the shareholders. The agreement will set-out the rights and obligations of the shareholders, regulate the sale of shares in the company, detail how the company is going to be run and how important decisions are to be made. Do I need a shareholders agreement? We strongly recommend that all companies with more than one shareholder enter into one of these agreements. If you have formed, or are forming, a company with family or friends then obtaining a shareholders agreement should be just as important to you as it is for business associates, or even strangers, who form a company together. Having a clear agreement in place lets everyone know where they stand. The agreement is entered into to provide clarity and certainty to the relationship between the shareholders, and to protect the shareholders’ investment in the company. Many costly disputes have been resolved and problems avoided as a direct result of entering into one of these agreements. What is in a shareholders agreement? Our shareholders agreements set-out detailed and practical rules in respect of the company and its shareholders, including rules relating to:
- When, to whom and at what price shares can be sold.
- Giving the shareholders a veto over certain decisions.
- The appointment and removal of directors.
- The salary of directors
- The payment of dividends.
- How the company is to be financed.
- What will happen if a shareholder dies, becomes mentally ill or is declared bankrupt.
- Preventing shareholders from competing with the company.
- Preventing shareholders from poaching the company’s customers or staff.
SHAREHOLDERS AGREEMENT PACKAGE
From £595 ( £714.00 inc. VAT)
Do you also need to form an company? Our formation service is only £34 + VAT when ordered with a Shareholders Agreement.
When it comes to Shareholders Agreements one size does not fit all. That is why our agreements are tailored to your company’s specific requirements. We do not provide a standard shareholder agreement that claims to be suitable for all companies.
- Telephone Consultation – to provide guidance and to take detailed instructions.
- Shareholders Agreement – a comprehensive agreement tailored to your requirements.
- Guidance Booklet – written in plain English.
- Further Agreement – for future shareholders of your company.