Our team of IT law specialists have a wide range of experience in drafting software development contracts for both developers and customers. We recognise the need to balance the technical complexities of an IT project, and the commercial terms agreed between the parties, with the desire to have each party’s rights and obligations clearly set out in the agreement.
We know how important it is, particularly in relation to unique development projects, to agree a functional specification, which clearly sets out what the software must do and the business requirements it is expected to fulfil.
This needs to be supported with an agreed timetable for delivery and implementation, as well as an acceptance test procedure, together with a change management process tailored to your particular requirements.
In our experience, development projects which proceed within the framework of a pragmatic development agreement are more likely to have a successful outcome. We encourage both the developer and the customer to think carefully about the scope of the project and identify potential problems at the start. This allows solutions to be implemented before these problems become issues that lead to a delay to the deliverables, increased costs and potentially a costly legal dispute between the parties.
What does our package include?
- Detailed Consultation – with one of our solicitors to provide advice and to take detailed instructions.
- Software Development Agreement – a comprehensive agreement tailored to your requirements.
- Guidance – written in plain English.
- Liaising with you as required.
Software development agreements need to be carefully tailored to fit the specific requirements of your IT project. These will include the:
- nature of the software being developed;
- extent to which that software is tailored to the requirements of the particular client; and
- type of development style best suited to the project, such as the waterfall model or the more flexible Agile methodology.
Therefore, we do not provide a standard agreement that claims to fit every situation. We draft our agreements to meet your specific needs. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT
Please contact us for a fixed price quotation